Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Muslim gang rips medals from 70-year-old army veteran on his way to Remembrance Sunday service

George-Gill“Asian youths” is British media Newspeak for Muslims. Will British authorities seek out this Muslim gang and shower money and special privileges upon its members, in an attempt to redress their grievances?
“Gang rips medals from army veteran on his way to Remembrance Sunday service,” the Telegraph, November 11, 2014
An elderly former soldier had his regimental beret and medals ripped off him by a gang of youths as he walked to a cenotaph to honour his fallen comrades on Remembrance Sunday.
Police are investigating after army veteran George Gill, 70, was pounced on by thugs as he strolled through his local park in his full dress uniform.
The former sergeant with 1st Battalion Duke of Wellington Regiment was left traumatised with cuts to his lip as the Asian youths fled laughing with their ‘trophies’.
Mr Gill described the mocking gang tearing at his beret, replete with regimental cap bade, as “like a pack of dogs would a piece of meat” before running off laughing.
Shaken Mr Gill continued his annual walk to the cenotaph, in Keighley, West Yorkshire, to pay his respects to the fallen heroes and friends before reporting the mugging to police.
Mr Gill had been walking through Lund Park, Keighley, as he has done for years, at 9.15am on Sunday when the attack happened.
He was wearing his khaki beret, navy blue blazer, maroon and grey striped tie – all three of which bore the regimental badge and the motto ‘Victory Favours the Brave’, with a poppy pinned to his chest and the United Nations Cyprus and Northern Ireland medals on his right lapel.
Mr Gill only recently returned home from hospital following an operation to fit stents in his heart and he is currently on 13 tablets a day for his condition.
He said: “I was walking to the cenotaph in the centre of town for Remembrance Sunday, the same route I have taken every year for as long as I can recall.
“I’d stopped in Lund Park to look at the embers of a fire which had been lit near a sign when out of nowhere I was grabbed or hit from behind.
“My beret was knocked off my head and I stumbled to the ground. I tried to stay on my feet because I didn’t know what would happen if I went to ground.
“I had not seen the gang of about six to eight Asian lads before this and I think they had been hiding in bushes.
“I had not seen or heard them or done anything to intimidate them. They were laughing and joking and speaking in a foreign language, not in English, so I don’t know what they were saying.
“I was shaken and couldn’t understand what was happening. They had taken my beret as a trophy and they were tearing it at like a pack of dogs with a piece of meat. They thought it was funny.”
Mr Gill said that the gang “ran off laughing and joking” out of the park near the bowling green, before he realised his medals were also missing.
“My poppy had been ragged at but they had not managed to steal that,” he said.
“My lip was cut and I was shaken. I can only think I was targeted because of what I was wearing because it was not a mugging or robbery, because I had £200 in cash on me and they didn’t take that or ask for money.”…
The police are treating the crime as a robbery, and Insp Sanderson added that although Mr Gill was not injured, “the victim is understandably shaken by the loss of his beret and his medals”.

No comments: