Thursday, March 19, 2015

Father of four murdered his wife of 17 years by slitting her throat in family kitchen - then changed his clothes and calmly went to work

  • Imran Sharif had brutally killed his wife Raheela Imran's at their home
  • Court heard the 44-year-old then got changed and calmly went to work
  • Sharif has denied slitting his spouse's throat but later confessed to a friend
  • He has been remanded in custody for sentencing and could face life in jail
Father-of-four Imran Sharif admitted brutally murdered his wife of 17 years in their kitchen before calmly heading off to work
Father-of-four Imran Sharif admitted brutally murdered his wife of 17 years in their kitchen before calmly heading off to work
A father-of-four brutally murdered his wife of 17 years in their kitchen before calmly heading off to work, a court heard.

Pharmacist Imran Sharif had dropped the couple's children at their schools before going home and slitting his wife Raheela Imran's throat. 

Leaving her dead on the kitchen floor, the 'violent and dangerous' 44-year-old changed out of his bloodstained clothes and hid them under the driver's seat of his car.

He then stashed the murder weapon - which was never found - and went to work. 

Paramedics were called to the end-of-terrace home in Hillersdon, Slough on the afternoon of October 20 after Raheela's brother made the gruesome discovery of her body. 

He had gone round to the house after family members became concerned and found the front door ajar. 

A post mortem examination found the mother-of-four died as a result of a wound to the neck.
Sharif was arrested later that day before being charged with murder on October 23.

He had originally denied killing his 45-year-old spouse, but later confessed to a friend and fellow prisoner while he was being held in custody at HMP Bullingdon.

Detective Chief Inspector Mike Lynch said: 'I am glad that Sharif has accepted responsibility for what he did and admitted that he took his wife's life.

'This has been an incredibly difficult time for Raheela's family and friends as they try to come to terms with their loss and although it may offer them little comfort, I hope that Sharif's guilty plea will be of some help as they begin to rebuild their family's lives.'

Adrian Foster, Chief Crown Prosecutor for Thames and Chiltern Crown Prosecution Service, said Raheela's life had been 'brought to a premature end.'

Mr Foster said: 'Having been charged with his wife's murder and while on remand at Bullingdon Prison, Sharif confided in another prisoner, who he had known for about 12 years and admitted killing his wife.

'He is clearly an extremely violent and dangerous man.

'This case represents a tragedy for the family of Raheela. Her children, family and friends have been devastated by her untimely death.

'We have worked closely with Thames Valley Police since this investigation was launched and as a result of the hard work and diligence of the prosecution team, a just outcome has been achieved.

'We know that nothing will bring Raheela back to her children, family and friends, but we hope that today's conviction brings them at least a small sense that justice has been done. Our thoughts are very much with them all at this time.' 

Sharif pleaded guilty to the attack at Reading Crown Court, which happened on October 20 last year in Slough, Berkshire and was remanded for sentencing on May 5. 

The family were originally from Pakistan but had lived in Slough for 12 years before the tragedy.  

A neighbour, who asked not to be named, said after the murder last year: 'They were great people, it is really shocking.'

A resident of neighbouring Bell Close said: 'I walk my dog around past the house and the kids were always outside playing, there were always lots of people running in and out.

'The children always came out and played with my dog. I really hope they weren't around to see anything.' 

No comments: