Friday, March 13, 2015

Leeds bus stop rape: 'Harrowing' CCTV footage released showing moment teen was attacked

The disturbing video shows the girl being dragged from a bus stop before she was hit with a stone and brutally raped in a garden

Disturbing CCTV footage has been released showing the moment a teenager was dragged from a bus stop before being hit with a stone and brutally raped in a garden.
The footage, which a detective called "harrowing", was released by police in efforts to trace the evil man who brutally assaulted the 18-year-old girl who was waiting at a bus stop in Leeds, West Yorks, last Friday night.
The grainy video shows the horrific moment she was grabbed and thrown onto the grass in a garden behind the bus stop, before the suspect hits her over the head with a large stone.
The victim was bludgeoned more than 20 times over the head before being raped.
She was left with massive head injuries and a broken pelvis but managed to stagger across the road for help.
Ross parryBus stop rape
Scene: The bus stop where the woman was raped
Police said she had been "left for dead" and they were treating the attack as "attempted murder."
The teen is believed to have been on her way to see her friend in Leeds when the vicious rapist attacked.
The man leading the hunt, Det Supt Nick Wallen of West Yorkshire Police said: “At the time the girl was found her injuries were life threatening.
“She is very, very lucky to be alive.
"We are treating this as attempted murder.
“She will be in hospital for a substantial period of time, probably weeks.
"She is also severely traumatised.”
The girl is bravely trying to give specially trained officer a description of her attacker from her hospital bed.
Mark Readman /YNMS18 year old attacked at bus stop in Leeds
Investigation: A police forensic scientist at the scene of the attack
He is described as Asian or Middle Eastern, in his early 20s, slim with receding black hair.
He was wearing dark clothing and possibly a blue coat.
The man said nothing during the entire attack and police say one possibility is that he may only recently have come to the UK.
Det Supt Wallen said: “The offence has been captured on CCTV.
"It clearly shows the very disturbing circumstances of the offence.
"It is harrowing to watch.
“The victim is seen being carried away a short distance while struggling against her attacker who takes her into a nearby garden.
“He can then be seen striking her over the head numerous times with a blunt object that is believed to be a large stone.
“The attack lasted seven or eight minutes and he left her for dead.
"Her injuries were very severe.
"She had massive head injuries with a gaping wound in the side of her head.
“She is speaking to officers now but it is a very slow process.
"She is traumatised."

No comments: