School reinstates 2 banned teachers accused of involvement in Islamization scandal
“At least two teachers accused of involvement in the Trojan Horse plot to ‘Islamise’ Birmingham schools have been reinstated by the academy at the heart of the scandal, despite being banned from the teaching profession.” Clearly the Park View School is not in the least concerned about a possible negative reaction from British authorities. And why should it be? Those authorities are rushing as fast as they can to appease and accommodate Islamic supremacists. They have covered up a nationwide Muslim rape gang scandal to avoid being called “racists.” Park View School is perfectly free to continue on its way to becoming a publicly-funded madrasa, and it is well aware of that fact.
“Banned staff revealed to be teaching at Trojan horse school,” by Andrew Gilligan, Telegraph, July 26, 2015:
At least two teachers accused of involvement in the Trojan Horse plot to “Islamise” Birmingham schools have been reinstated by the academy at the heart of the scandal, despite being banned from the teaching profession.
Shakeel Akhtar, the assistant principal of Park View School, and Saqib Malik, director of student progress, have in recent weeks resumed teaching children in class, in a move that has been heavily criticised by other staff and is understood to have contributed to at least two resignations.
Both men are among more than a dozen teachers allegedly involved in the plot who are still subject to “interim prohibition orders” banning them from teaching.
They were close allies of the school’s former principal, Mozz Hussain, and were members of his “Park View Brotherhood”, a hardline private online discussion group where thousands of extremist, bigoted and anti-Western messages were exchanged.
The new chair of governors at Park View, Waheed Saleem, who approved the reinstatements, denies there were any problems in Birmingham’s schools, stating that extremism “didn’t exist”. Mr Saleem likened media coverage of the plot to The Sun’s “lies” about Liverpool fans over Hillsborough. He called for a boycott of the Telegraph, which revealed many of the developments.
Mr Saleem announced his resignation yesterday after The Telegraph contacted him about the teacher reinstatements and his views.
Three sources also said that Mr Hussain, who was suspended last July and resigned in February, has received a payoff of more than £30,000 from Park View for “loss of employment”, plus around £60,000 in salary for the seven months of his suspension. The school denied any payoff.
Ten other alleged Trojan Horse plotters suspended under interim bans have been paid more than £300,000 in salary so far as they await disqualification hearings at the National College of Teaching and Leadership (NCTL), it can be disclosed.
More than a year after the official report into the scandal, by the former police chief Peter Clarke, there have still been no NCTL hearings against any alleged plotter, no one has been barred from becoming a governor and only one person has been sacked.
The alleged ringleader of the plot, Tahir Alam, the former chair of governors at Park View, has re-emerged, giving a lecture justifying his actions, attempting to attend council committees and launching a new “community interest company”.
There are still some in the community who refuse to acknowledge the existence of this plot.
He is suspected of involvement in a recent wave of parental agitation – until now unreported – against sex education at two heavily Muslim primary schools in the city.
Mr Clarke said last night: “I am surprised that in the face of such clear evidence it has taken so long to bring appropriate disciplinary proceedings against some of the individuals concerned in Trojan Horse.”…