Sunday, October 11, 2015

Muslim fanatic who was freed rather than deported because Iranian embassy was shut went on vodka-fuelled knife rampage saying 'I'm going to chop your f****** head off'

  • Noureden Mallaky-Soodmand, 41, threatened 22-year-old Stephen Daumler
  • He brandished a combat knife screaming 'I'm ISIS and my people will cut off your balls'
  • Iranian was supposed to be deported in 2012 but embassy was closed
  • He has now been sentenced to four years in prison over knife attack 
A Muslim fanatic who only avoided deportation because the Iranian embassy was shut later went on a rampage with a knife and threatened to behead passers-by,

Noureden Mallaky-Soodmand told Stephen Daumler 'I'm going to chop your f***ing head off' while brandishing a combat knife in the streets of Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham.

His 22-year-old victim has since had flashbacks to the murder of Lee Rigby, who was hacked to death by a pair of violent extremists in 2013.

Attack: Noureden Mallaky-Soodmand brandished a knife in the streets of Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
Attack: Noureden Mallaky-Soodmand brandished a knife in the streets of Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham

Teesside Crown Court heard that Mallaky-Soodmand, 41, has previously been convicted of carrying illegal knives and operating under false identities.

He was earmarked for deportation three years ago, but could not be returned to Iran because the country's embassy in Britain was closed due to a diplomatic dispute, so he was instead released.

In April this year, the knifeman walked up to Mr Daumler and a younger friend and told them: 'I'm a Muslim and I'm going to chop your f***ing head off.'

The pair fled after Mallaky-Soodmand pulled the combat knife from the back of his trousers, then shouted at police: 'I'm a Muslim and I'll chop your f***ing head, motherf***ers.

'I'm ISIS and my people will cut off your balls, Christians, I'll kill you, I'll kill you all I'm going to chop your head off, and f*** you up.'

Weapon: Mallaky-Soodmand was carrying this terrifying combat knife at the time of the attack in April
Weapon: Mallaky-Soodmand was carrying this terrifying combat knife at the time of the attack in April

The court was told that Mallaky-Soodmand had drunk a litre and a half of vodka before the incident took place, and has since converted to Christianity.

Judge Simon Batiste sentenced him to four years in prison after he pleaded guilty to making threats to kill and two charges of possessing offensive weapons.

'Clearly you are someone who, in the past, has been willing to carry weapons with you,' the judge said.

'I'm of the view that this offence, clearly by the nature of what was being shouted at different times, is something that can be said to be racially aggravated.'

He added: 'I'm told you have converted to Christianity, but I'm afraid I have grave doubts about that, given what you were shouting.

'I'm told you want to apologise to your victims. Given the fact you prevaricated with your pleas until the day of trial I have some scepticism.'

Victim: Stephen Daumler, 22, has had flashbacks to Lee Rigby's murder after his ordeal
Victim: Stephen Daumler, 22, has had flashbacks to Lee Rigby's murder after his ordeal

Mr Daulmer, who works for his family's salvage business, said after the case: 'There needs to be a proper enquiry into how this man was allowed to stay in the country.

'He is clearly dangerous and he looked that night as though he was out to kill someone, when he came up to me and raised that knife I thought I was going to die.

'To discover that he should have been deported long before he even arrived in Stockton is a shock, I don't know how a thing like that could have happened.

'He shouldn't have even been allowed to walk the streets, he should have been back in his own country where he wasn't a threat to any British citizens.'

He added: 'I am still dealing with the after effects of what he did that night. I still wake up panicking and have dreams about being beheaded. I've had some really dark thoughts about what happened to Lee Rigby.

'I really thought I was going to die the same way as he did and I'm certain by the look in his eyes that he was prepared to kill that night.

'At first I thought he was a drunk and just walked past him on the pavement.

'He was in the middle of the road but he came over and blocked my path and drew a huge curved knife, and started yelling, "I am a Muslim, I am ISIS." He was within arm's reach. It is pure luck that myself or someone else wasn't killed.'


No comments: