"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word,
which means more to me than any other.
That word is ENGLAND." - Sir Winston Churchill
Tuesday, February 09, 2016
Police Hunt Child Rapist, ‘May Have Fled to Pakistan’
Greater Manchester Police are hunting a convicted rapist who is believed to have fled to Pakistan.
Choudhry Ikhalaq Hussain, 38, was found guilty of two counts of rape, three counts of sexual activity with a child and one count of conspiracy to rape against one victim in a trial at Minshul Street Crown Court in November last year.
He is believed to have fled the country during his trial and was convicted in his absence.
The police force said in a Facebook post that Mr Hussain told the judge that a family member had died and was granted permission to attend the funeral, which he said was to be held within the UK.
However, he then fled the country and is now believed to be in Pakistan.
Mr Hussain was convicted as part of the Operation Doublet investigation into child sexual exploitation in Rochdale.
Ten men were found guilty of a range of offences during two trials and are awaiting sentencing.
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Daniels, the Senior Investigating Officer (SIO) for Operation Doublet, said: “Operation Doublet was launched following the 2011 investigation into child sexual exploitation in Rochdale and we identified a number of cases, which broadly took place between 2004 and 2008, across Greater Manchester where teenage girls were being sexually exploited by older men.
“Hussain was one of the offenders identified and he has now been convicted of a number of serious offences but he seems determined to try and get away with not serving his time for the horrendous crimes that he has committed.
“We believe he may be in Pakistan but we are still determined to find him and ensure that he is held to account for what he did.
“If anybody has any information about his whereabouts then I would urge you to please contact the police.”