Saturday, March 12, 2016

Christian youth converts to Islam, gets killed fighting for the Islamic State

“I am Christian, I go to church. My child is a church boy. The bad thing is Islam,” said his mother. Yet the churches have no response whatsoever to concerted efforts by Muslim groups to convert Christian young people to Islam. They wouldn’t dare respond: it might harm their wonderful “Muslim-Christian dialogue.” Isn’t that right, Bishop McManus? And so Fasil Towalde, aka Abu Abdullah al-Habashi, is dead, and the churches once again are silent, washing their hands of any responsibility.
Abu Abdullah al-Habashi
“Islamic State files leak: The ‘good British Christian’ who turned to jihad,” by Raf Sanchez and Camilla Turner, Telegraph, March 10, 2016
A British jihadist killed while fighting for Isil in Syria was a “good Christian boy” who fell in with a gang and turned to radical Islam inside a UK prison, his mother has said.
The full story of Fasil Towalde’s short life can be told for the first time after his Isil recruitment forms and those of thousands of other fighters were leaked.
The trove of information on 1,763 jihadists includes details of 16 British fighters and sheds light on how they travelled from the UK to join the so-called caliphate.
The files reveal that the true name of the Isil fighter known by the nom de guerre Abu Abdullah al-Habashi was Fasil Towalde, a 21-year-old student from Camden in north London.
His mother, Himan Haile, confirmed in a tearful interview with The Telegraph that her son had been raised a Christian and grew up in London after the family fled violence in their native Eritrea.
“Fasil was not too much good, not too much bad. In my home he was a nice boy,” Mrs Haile said. He was arrested during the London riots and later fell in with a gang and converted to Islam in prison, she added.
“I am Christian, I go to church. My child is a church boy. The bad thing is Islam,” she said.
He disappeared in late 2013 and Mrs Haile called the police after three days without contact. By then it was too late and Isil records show that on December 28, 2013 he crossed from Turkey into northern Syria.
On the Isil registration form, which consists of 23 questions, he wrote down his mother’s first name and her street address in Camden. Eleven months later he was killed as Isil forces fought Kurdish troops for control of Kobane, a Syrian border town.
“He died for what? I don’t know. Every day I cry, in the morning, in the night,” his mother said….

No comments: