Thursday, October 20, 2016

Syrian doctor who said he would rather return to war-ravaged Aleppo than stay in UK is ARRESTED after ranting inside Croydon migrant centre about how he is forced to stay in '5-star hotels'

  • Doctor is angry over the restrictions on him since he claimed asylum
  • He says he's been stopped from working and doesn't want to live in hostels
  • Doctor was arrested today after a disturbance in an immigration building
A former Syrian Army doctor who said he would rather be in war-torn Aleppo than Britain was arrested at an immigration centre today.

Dr Abdulkader Majed Al-Zuebi was held by six officers and bundled into a police van for a public order offence outside the Home Office headquarters at Lunar House, Croydon, South London

The plastic surgeon, who arrived in the UK on October 8 with a German passport, has moaned that government restrictions means he can only stay in five-star hotels like the Four Seasons Hotel since he arrived.

Dr Al-Zuebi even said he was forced to sell his £3,000 Rolex watch to pay for his hotel bills because he does not have a visa to work.

Arrest: Syrian Dr Abdulkader Majed Al-Zuebi, pictured, who moaned he wanted to be deported back to war-torn Aleppo because he preferred it to Britain was arrested outside an immigration centre today
Arrest: Syrian Dr Abdulkader Majed Al-Zuebi, pictured, who moaned he wanted to be deported back to war-torn Aleppo because he preferred it to Britain was arrested outside an immigration centre today
Held: Dr  Al-Zuebi, a plastic surgeon, pictured, who boasts he once earned £6,000-a-month arrived in Britain on October 8 from Germany with a German passport. But he has begged Home Office officials to allow he to return to Syria
Held: Dr Al-Zuebi, a plastic surgeon, pictured, who boasts he once earned £6,000-a-month arrived in Britain on October 8 from Germany with a German passport. But he has begged Home Office officials to allow he to return to Syria
Selfie: Dr Al-Zuebi, who reportedly has a fiancee in the UK, is angry at the restrictions that have been placed on him. Because he applied for asylum when he arrived at Stansted Airport he is not allowed to work
Selfie: Dr Al-Zuebi, who reportedly has a fiancee in the UK, is angry at the restrictions that have been placed on him. Because he applied for asylum when he arrived at Stansted Airport he is not allowed to work
The plastic surgeon, who was reportedly a medic in the Syrian Army, says he has been staying at the Four Seasons Hotel since he arrived and was forced to sell his £3,000 Rolex watch to pay for his hotel bills 
The plastic surgeon, who was reportedly a medic in the Syrian Army, says he has been staying at the Four Seasons Hotel since he arrived and was forced to sell his £3,000 Rolex watch to pay for his hotel bills 

Dr Al-Zuebi, who claims he once earned £6,000-a-month, said officials have refused to give him his German passport back since he arrived at Stansted airport 12 days ago.

He has pleaded with the Home Office to allow him to fly back to war torn Aleppo as soon as possible because he prefers it to Britain.

An hour before his arrest this afternoon Dr Al-Zuebi, who claims to have a fiancee in Britain and has appears to have stayed in five star hotels in Turkey and London previously, said he would sleep outside the Home Office building until they deported him. 

He has a form issued to him at Stansted Airport when he arrived reportedly confirming he had applied for asylum in the UK, which prevents him from working.

'I do not have my papers,' he said. 'They were taken when I arrived.

'I have not been able to stay anywhere other than five star hotels and I cannot work without my papers.

'I used to have jobs earning £6,000 a month as a doctor. In hostels the beds are bad and the food is not better than normal.

'The Home Office say it will be six months before I get my passport back. I have had to spend my nights in five star hotels like the Marriott and The Four Seasons.

'I had to sell my Rolex for £3,000 to pay for my rooms. I had membership to these hotels back in Syria so I can stay there without papers.'

The refugee argued he want to be deported and said: 'It's not a better life here.

'I want to work and support myself and I have told them I want to be deported. I've been turning up here for several days.

'They say they are not going to send me back to Syria. I will need to buy a British passport and book a private flight to Damascus.

'I used to fight for Assad and I am going to return to do that in Syria. Everyone says you will have a better life in the UK and it's not true.

'It's different for minors because they can't support themselves but I'm a normal man and I can. I am going to camp out here and sleep here until I get my papers.' 

An hour after his alleged rant, the doctor was dragged from the building, bent over and restrained by officers.

Scotland Yard confirmed: 'At around 3.30pm officers were informed of a disturbance at Lunar House.

'They arrested man on suspicion of a public order offence. He had been remanded in a south London custody suite. Enquiries continue.'

Yesterday Dr Al-Zuebi claimed he left Syria when the war started as he could not 'kill civilians'
He added: 'I was put in jail, then I fled to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, then Greece, then to Germany.'

As he has a German passport he was able to get into the UK legally. 

Dr Al-Zuebi highlighted his case to reporters covering the arrival of child migrants from  Calais's 'Jungle' camp. 

He said: 'I want to go back. I would rather be back in Aleppo than stay here. I want to deport myself.

'I would tell those arriving from Calais to go back. It is better there than it is here.' 

He is understood to have a British fiancee and three relatives living in the UK, but said he hated the 'miserable' place in Cardiff. 




No comments: