Thursday, December 20, 2018

Mother-of-one, 21, who was drugged then attacked by serial rapist speaks out as 'absolute monster'

  • Omar Sharif from Sunderland raped three women and sexually assaulted one 
  • Assault victim Lauren Brown, 24, has bravely waived her right to anonymity 
  • She told how attack left her 'sick' after he was jailed for 32 and a half years 
  • Says that she is 'over the moon' the rapist is behind bars for sickening attacks 
Sharif (pictured in his police mugshot) has been jailed for 32 and a half years after he raped three women and sexually assaulted another 
Sharif (pictured in his police mugshot) has been jailed for 32 and a half years after he raped three women and sexually assaulted another 
An 'amoral' drug dealer who raped his clients after plying them with ecstasy has been jailed for more than 30 years.
Omar Sharif also supplied M-Cat to vulnerable young women, rendering them unable to fight of his sickening attacks.
The 24-year-old lied to Newcastle Crown Court in a bid for sympathy by claiming that he cradled his murdered uncle as he lay dying, interrupting last year's trial. 
But he has now been convicted of rape and admitted a range of drugs offences, perjury and perverting the course of justice in last month's retrial.
As he was sentenced to 32 and a half years, assault victim Lauren Brown has bravely waived her anonymity to brand the rapist an 'absolute monster'.  
The 21-year-old is 'over the moon' that he can't hurt anybody else and is now in prison.
The Sunderland mother courageously reported the attacker to police - and was horrified to learn that he'd raped three women in their late teens.
'He’s just an absolute monster,' she said. 'He was picking up girls who already felt at rock bottom and they were weak.
Lauren Brown (pictured) has bravely spoken out about her ordeal at the hands of Sharif, who Superintendent Claire Wheatley said thought he was 'untouchable' while he was dealing drugs and attacking vulnerable women
Lauren Brown has bravely spoken out about her ordeal at the hands of Sharif, who Superintendent Claire Wheatley (pictured) said thought he was 'untouchable' while he was dealing drugs and attacking vulnerable women
Lauren Brown (left) has bravely spoken out about her ordeal at the hands of Sharif, who Superintendent Claire Wheatley (right) said thought he was 'untouchable' while he was dealing drugs and attacking vulnerable women 
'He’s got to realise that’s a really sick thing to do. You can’t hurt someone so much and expect to get away with it. He’s a horrible man, he deserves a long time.
'When I found out he had been found guilty I was so happy, I started crying. It was a a really massive overwhelming feeling of relief and happiness. It just feels like like there has been a huge cloud over my head.
'If you do that to anybody you deserve life. He could have caused potential suicides. He’s destroyed peoples lives.'
Ms Brown says the predator targeted her when she was in 'bad place' and they met at a house in 2015.
She had just turned 18 and Sharif ushered her into a bedroom where he encouraged her to take MDMA - the active ingredient in ecstasy. 
Sharif sexually assaulted her once she was under the influence of drugs. Ms Brown fought off her attacker and fled the room before reporting him to police.
Ms Brown (pictured) slammed her attacker as an 'absolute monster' 
Ms Brown (pictured) slammed her attacker as an 'absolute monster' 
'He had me pinned down, he had his full body weight on me,' she said. 'He tried to kiss me, he was kissing up and down my neck, it was absolutely horrific. 
'I shouted at him, I don’t know how I got him off, I managed to push. I managed to get him off before he tried anything else.
'He stood up, brushed himself off and stood at the other end of the room. I didn’t know what to do at all - I was in massive shock. I wasn’t expecting it. I felt sick, really, really sick.
'He just went "I can’t sniff my drugs while people are in here, you’ll have to leave". If I had passed out I don’t even want to know what would have happened.' 
'I felt violated, I felt weak,' she said. 'I just felt really hurt and didn’t know how to deal with it. It’s massively affected me, it’s been horrific.'
The ordeal left her depressed and she turned to drink and drugs. She said it wasn’t until she fell pregnant with her daughter Erin, 16 months, that she turned her life around. 
'Erin’s my little life saver,' she said. 'She’s my little angel, she’s so loving and caring. She picks me up when I am down.
'I’m a completely different person to two-three years ago. I have my daughter now, my own house and a really good partner. I’m starting university in September to do criminal psychology. I’m so happy now.' 
Sharif, of Sunderland, also tried to get others to cover for him by lying to police about his crimes.
If he is ever released he will be subject to a five-year extended licence. He was told he will serve at least 19 years of his sentence and could serve the full term if it is not safe to release him.
Judge Penny Moreland told him his actions had a serious impact on the lives of the four vulnerable women he raped or sexually assaulted.
'You are a sexual predator. You deployed a range of tactics to obtain their submission and compliance, including the use of drugs, including intimidation and your determined attempts to silence any complaint made thereafter,' she said. 'I regard your dangerousness as compounded by your utter disregard for the truth.
'You appear to have behaved in a way which was entirely amoral. I see no prospect of these traits altering in the foreseeable future.'
Robert Woodcock QC, defending, said Sharif was not 'a black cab rapist' nor a part of a gang 'trawling the streets looking for vulnerable girls to groom' but that his sexual offending arose from his 'small commercial enterprise of drugs supply'.
During the trial, Sharif told the jury about his Mercedes with a personalised registration plate, saying he paid £12,000 for the car hoping it looked like a £40,000 vehicle 'so everyone would take notice of me, I was flaunting my wealth'.

No comments: