Monday, April 27, 2020

If someone is offened by a photo then they need to give themselves a reality check!

Lib Dem councillor apologises after tweeting picture of a plate of BACON as he tried to show solidarity with Muslims fasting for Ramadan

  • Ian Manning, county councillor in Cambridge, had been taking part in Iftar 
  • He tweeted a picture of boiled eggs and bacon saying he was starting his fast 
  • Forced to apologise after realising Muslims do not eat pork products 
A Liberal Democrat councillor has been forced to apologise after he tweeted a picture of a plate of bacon in 'solidarity' with Muslims fasting for Ramadan. 
Ian Manning, a county councillor in Cambridgeshire, took part in 'Lib Dem Iftar' - a scheme where Liberal Democrats fasted alongside Muslims for one day on Saturday. 
Early on Saturday he tweeted a picture of a plate of boiled eggs and bacon with the caption: 'Up early to start my fast for #LibDemIftar! Really not sure I'll get through to the evening but we'll see!'
A Liberal Democrat councillor has been forced to apologise after he tweeted a picture of a plate on bacon in 'solidarity' with Muslims fasting for Ramadan
A Liberal Democrat councillor has been forced to apologise after he tweeted a picture of a plate on bacon in 'solidarity' with Muslims fasting for Ramadan
After realising that Muslims don't eat pork, he deleted the tweet and apologised. 
He said: 'Re food photo earlier. Important point is the fast. Allergies mean choices limited.
After realising that Muslims don't eat pork, Ian Manning deleted the tweet and apologised
After realising that Muslims don't eat pork, Ian Manning deleted the tweet and apologised
'This is a learning experience and I'd prefer to be honest about it than not. Sorry if it caused offence.
'Also it was 4am and I was half asleep.' 
According to The Telegraph he said: 'I just didn't think about it. Because there was some bacon in my fridge, I had some bacon. 
'I went on Twitter and posted the eggs and the bacon, tagged the Muslim Council of Great Britain, in one of my finest moments of idiocy.' 
Liberal Democrat leader, Ed Davey, who also took part in the event, said: 'I want to send my best wishes to Muslims across Britain and the world in this holy month of Ramadan.
'Liberal Democrats are determined to stand in solidarity with Britain’s Muslim communities and believe that together we can defeat this awful virus.' 
He tweeted after sundown on Sunday to say: 'Breaking my fast with dates, rose milk and pakoras.
'So important to show solidarity with during Ramadan in the coronavirus epidemic.' 
He said: 'I just didn't think about it. Because there was some bacon in my fridge, I had some bacon'
He said: 'I just didn't think about it. Because there was some bacon in my fridge, I had some bacon'

No comments: