Saturday, June 04, 2016

'Psycho' knifeman jailed for repeatedly stabbing two women after forcing them to stage degrading sex acts

Mohamed Zahran
Mohamed Zahran has been caged for his vile crimes
A “psycho” knifeman has been jailed for 16 years for repeatedly stabbing two women after forcing them to perform degrading sex acts in front of one of their children.
Mohamed Zahran, 38, a chef, ordered the two adults to strip naked at knifepoint and lie on top of each other while pretending to film them on his phone.
The two friends sobbed as they were forced to touch and kiss each other – while the daughter of one of the women looked on, thinking it was only “a game”.
But when Egyptian-born Zahran wanted “his turn” to have sex the child’s mum said “no” and he repeatedly knifed both women.
The mother’s injured pal ran naked into the street and screamed at neighbours to call police – who burst into the house to find Zahran had stabbed himself in the stomach.
Jailing Zahran, a judge told him: “The sexual activity you forced them to endure and your knife attack will haunt them for the rest of their lives."
After the sentence, the victims described how they feared they would be raped and murdered when Zahran revealed his “psycho plan” at a house in County Durham.
The mother of the little girl forced to watch the sick show choked back tears as she recalled: "He said I had to take off my clothes and have sex with my friend.
"I had no clothing on at all. My friend removed her clothing. She was distressed and terrified.
"We thought he was going to kill us. He had the knife in his hand and my daughter was still running around the room.
"He told me I had to lay on my friend. We were both lying down and he told us to start kissing, to moan and then make sexual movements. He was holding the knife in one hand and his phone in the other.
"We changed positions so that she was lying on top of me. He then began touching himself and touched me. We were crying and screaming.
"He was looking towards my friend. He was looking as though he was going to rape her and she was begging him not to.
"He told her it was her turn now and his turn to have sex with her. I told him not to touch her, he could do whatever he wanted with me.”
Then Zahran suddenly began stabbing her friend. "She was covered in blood. I saw him stabbing her. She was on her knees. She couldn't get to her feet,” the woman continued.
"He came over to me and my friend ran to the window, she was banging on it and screaming. He came over to me and stabbed me seven times.
"I managed to push him hard and he fell over onto the floor. I told my friend to run. My friend was naked and bleeding. She ran into the street and was banging on the doors of neighbours to get help."
She still suffers flashbacks and nightmares, the court heard, and cannot bear take a shower or look in the mirror because of the scars.
"I live in fear of the day he will be released from prison, and that he will try to find me and finish what he started,” she sobbed.
The other victim, 29, told how she trying to leave the house when she Zahran grabbed her by the throat, threw her to the floor, sat on top of her, and started jabbing her throat with the blade.
She said: "I thought that's it - he's going to kill me. I was looking around for anything I could grab, anything that could help me.
"There was nothing there close enough and I realised I couldn't protect myself. I felt this is really it. That was the moment that broke me and I realised I would probably do anything he asked for, just to get away.
"I said sorry a million times even though I never felt it. I just thought it would convince him to let us go."
She did not feel the blade go in and only realised she had been stabbed when she saw she was bleeding.
She continued: "My mind was only on one thing - to get out of this house and phone the police.
"He told me he had a gun, that he had bought a gun, and that there was going to be a bullet for the head of anyone I cared about.
"I will never forget the look of satisfaction on his face as he enjoyed inflicting fear and pain on me.”
Zahran, of Bowburn, County Durham, admitted two charges of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent before his trial at Teesside Crown Court.
He denied two offences of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent, sexual assault and false imprisonment but was convicted by the jury.
His defence was that it was the women's idea to put on the sex show on the living room floor to trick him into drawing the curtains and locking the door.
He claimed he was pushed against a wall and banged his head and had no memory of anything that happened afterwards.
But the mum told the jury: “He had a knife in his hand and my daughter was still running around the room. She was cuddling us because she thought it was some kind of game we were playing.”
When one woman fled to raise the alarm, Zahran retreated into the kitchen, leaving the little girl standing in the middle of the living room covered in the adult victims’ blood.
She added: “She was like a stone. She was mute. I left the house carrying my daughter in my arms."
Prosecutor Deborah Smithies told the court that the women suffered "gratuitous degradation" in the "sustained and prolonged" attack.
Judge Simon Phillips QC told Zahran he will also have to serve an extended five years on licence recall after his release, and will be on the sex offenders' register for life.
He said: "These women did not want to do what you were demanding. They were afraid you would hurt them. Fearing for their life, they complied.
"One of them told the jury she firmly believed you were going to rape her, but was prepared to die rather than give in further to your knife-point demands."
James Bourne-Arton, mitigating, said Zahran had worked hard during his 14 years in the UK and was terrified that he was likely to be deported on release from prison.

No comments: