- Nafisa Akhtar, 19, raised her right arm as she left Manchester Magistrates' Court
- JP asked Akhtar: 'When was the last time you worked? Why haven't you since?'
- The 19-year-old says she 'worked all her life' and plans on becoming hairdresser
- She and 18-year old Anashra Ali took clothes and cosmetics from upmarket store
- The pair, from Cheetham Hill, Manchester, were told off for grinning in the dock
A teenager who went on a clothes-and-cosmetics shoplifting spree at Harvey Nichols says she only stole because she was unemployed a year after losing her call centre job.
Nafisa Akhtar, 19, was pictured punching the air after leaving court in Manchester with a slap on the wrist and being told to 'get a job' by the magistrate.
Akhtar and friend Anashara Ali, 18, who stole goods worth £760 from the store's Manchester branch, had their work ethic questioned by magistrate Suzanne O'Connell.
But tonight Akhtar told MailOnline the JP was wrong to call her lazy and insisted she had worked 'all her life', and insisted she was still reeling from losing her job in a call centre a year ago.
Jobless Nafisa Akhtar, 19, (pictured left) raised her right arm in triumph and sported a beaming smile outside Manchester magistrates court after escaping jail time and promising she would not shoplift again
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5238341/Manchester-teenagers-avoid-jail-shoplifting-760.html#ixzz53LiQMs32