Friday, January 05, 2018
Ireland: Muslim migrant charged in random stabbing murder, Gardai still say no link to terrorism
An 18-year-old man has appeared in court in Dundalk charged with the murder of a Japanese man in the town yesterday.
Mohammed Morei was accused of murdering 24-year-old Yosuke Sasaki in Dundalk.
He was remanded in custody to Cloverhill District Court next Thursday 11 January.
The prosecuting garda, Inspector Martin Beggy, said there was an issue with the accused’s nationality, which is undetermined at present.
Gardaí have said they have found no established link to indicate the attacks, in which the Japanese national was fatally stabbed and two other people were wounded, were terror-related.
They say the threat level from international terrorism remains unchanged at moderate, where an attack is possible but not likely.
The individual had come into contact with gardaí in Dundalk on New Year’s Day when inquiries about his immigration status were conducted.
It is believed he had applied for asylum in Ireland.
The series of attacks began when a 24-year-old Japanese man, who had been living in Ireland for the last year, was fatally stabbed on Avenue Road shortly before 9am.
He has been named as Yosuke Sasaki and is understood to have come from Ebina, west of Tokyo.
He worked at National Pen, a call centre in Dundalk, and it is believed he was targeted randomly as he made his way to the office….
Muslim complains after Muslim goes on stabbing spree that “Islam always gets the brunt of it”
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)